Saturday, July 15, 2006

The stupidity of it all

The world has gone craazy! I wandered into M and S today in Basildon looking for nothing in particular when I found this -

Guess what they were actually talking about? Expensive flip-flops. Please M and S do something about being snooty and calling flip-flops 'toe post' shoes! Really, it's not cool or clever, it just alienates people.

On another moment of absolute craaziness, McFly have covered 'Don't stop me now', which is obviously originally by Queen. It's a very special song as well as being truly awesome, so I can only assume that these babies had nothing better to do with their time other than create songs about Lindsay and practice other peoples material. So in a moment of absolute brilliance we are going to see Pirates of the Caribbean instead of watching sport relief (because I will only watch Children In Need - what are we American?). Huzzah!! I've already seen in once, but am more than happy to see it again!

The old lady inside me has finished moaning - it's back to normal until the next time I come across some stupidity, probably the price of pop corn tonight!

3 comments:

Helen said...

Oh dear we really were in an old lady mood werent we!?!
I saw Pirates last night too...yay, v good. But a cliffhanger?! Not Fair! And, oh my knees - sat for far too long!
Love you...! Its only 2 weeks to holiday club now!!
xx

Karen said...

Pirates 2! Amazing... did you notice that thingy had the same thing as thingy? No cliffhanger on that one...

Have to see it again really!

Anonymous said...

Hello Liz - jusr found your blog - had no idea you kept one all the time you were in 'Nam, tho probably for the best!!!

Will be great to keep up with you, love Di x