Monday, July 03, 2006

The weekend

The big family news this weekend is that Karen has graduated from her job and she did it rather successfully, but its her job to tell you how well she did!



Here's a cheery photo of the group that she's worked with for the entire year. They're a great bunch of people who I probably won't see again, unless I bump into them at a conference or a networking bash for youthworkers somewhere, and even then I probably won't remember their names, as I've already forgotten them. Still Karen is in there somewhere!



Church was great on Sunday, as always at Glenwood. Uplifting an prayerful. I watched the music group pray together before the service, and discovered that prayer is worship too. I would've loved to join them because they pray with their hearts, by the looks of things! Most music groups quickly bow their heads and one person says something but this group were reciting scripture and laying hands. It was great to watch, it would be great if all groups were like that!

So I've done an absurd amount of traveling this weekend. Some 4 hours to Henry's on friday, 2 hours to Cardiff on Saturday and 5 hours back to Essex yesterday. I've looked at an awful lot of British countryside and been through places on the way home that I never thought I would. For a start the Cardiff to London train does not go through Bristol, as I assumed it would. Silly me. We do go around Bristol, but I am yet to find out which side! Then we went through Bath, (an old city that I would love to spend more time in, although I refuse to drink the water!) and came out surrounded by hills. The next thing we saw where the horses, two of them, made of chalk.

I can't remember why they exist, but there are lots of them in the area that we went through. I saw tepees and went through Newbury (horse racing). I also saw a canal boat in a lock, going down. Some really pretty churches and a striking contrast between town and country.

We finally reached the city and were stuffed into the tube. I got home, very hot and tired, but I made it!

I discovered on my long journeys that you can have too much of a good thing. My good thing at the moment is The Time Traveler's Wife. Its a wonderful love story of a couple who meet when she is 6 and he is 36, but they only start going but when she is 20 and he is 28. Confused? I was, but its a great story, so I'm reading it again. I had a bit too much of it on the way home from Cardiff, so I was bored for a bit, but there we go, I had a fiancee to keep me happy!

So today is merrily going along. I have an application form to fill out and a job interview! Hazzah, I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: