Saturday, April 07, 2007

Being at home...

Comes with all little bits of excitement...

The excitement of Billericay Town Football club being top of the Ryman Premier League, for 4 days in a week!

The excitement of celebrating mt cousins 16th birthday, and realising that the next 5 years are going to be spent celebrating more milestone birthdays and anniversaries.

The excitement (and wonder) of family photos that have been sent to us. Photos that as children in the current family, we've never seen before, time spent spotting various family traits, facial expressions, body language, that have been passed down to my parents and siblings.

You can see the family resemblence! I've seen my grandparents on their wedding day and seen where we get some of it from...


There is a photo of my Grandad and his brother-in-law sitting in a back garden somewhere the day before I was born. Which holds some strangeness and sadness. My parents can't understand why its so weird.


One moment, captured forever, where I existed, but I wasn't born.


My grandad in the garden, with his brother-in-law, enjoying the sun and within a few hours my Gran had passed away, and I was born, my other grandparents celebrated their wedding anniversary too...That was almost 23 years ago.

Its been a little bit of a weird day...but Sunday's a comin'. I'm looking forward to seeing the gang together tomorrow...

No comments: