Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday

Yes, it's that time of year again...

Good Friday is far from good, I don't know where it gets the name, but I'm sure my Dad will explain it at some point on his blog...He's sat next to me, reading over my shoulder! RUDE! (But you've gotta love wireless Internet, sat watching the TV whilst blogging - bliss!)

So today I've been to church and walked through the town, as part of the Walk of Witness, which seems to be 'an Essex thing' as far as I'm aware. We wander through the town, behind three crosses with banners that say various things about what Jesus went through before the was put on the cross. Its a very public statement, and a time for reflection. It ends with a service in one of the two churches at the end of the high street.

Definitely a solemn time for the church across the world, but as my vicar said (and a guy called Tony Compolo apparently) 'Sunday is coming' - there is a time for celebration on the horizon, even when we're at our lowest, there is always a time for celebration.

Off to check whats going on at SH while I'm online (and before I fall asleep)...

No comments: