Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Artist

The Artist (2011) - IMDb

If you haven't seen this movie yet, I would wait a little longer and get it on DVD. It is a piece of genius - but only because it is different from all the 3D out there at the moment. It is not new, it is nostalgic. It is clever, but at the same time there are little niggles. Little niggles like not having enough time to read some of the dialogue and spotting mistakes, because sometimes there is little else to do.

I might just be annoyed because the seat was £8.95, the screen was badly proportioned and the room was so warm, I feel asleep. It takes away from the experience a little. The cinema should be enjoyable.

Anyway, see it, but on DVD, enjoy it for the storyline, the dream sequence, every moment the leads meet and the mild camp-ness that is silent cinema. All that was missing, was the orchestra!

1 comment:

Becca Dean said...

That is disappointing. Maybe I'll wait, then.

PS- I ALWAYS fall asleep in the movies