Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gigging

I hope you all know by now that I'm into my live music scene, specifically the local talent that can be found in Essex, and that I would love to go to more gigs where quality music is produced.

Yesterday I had a chance to support a good friend of mine and his band as they played at the 'y fest' in Central Park, Chelmsford, which is run by the YMCA.


Above, ladies and gentlemen, is Crimson Cross, in a marquee, while the rain poured down! They played well and pulled in a crowd of at least 30 people! In my (slightly skewed opinion) they were one of the better bands - shame the judges didn't think the same - the band that followed made a racket and won... :(
Still they're up and coming and they've got some good songs under their belt...a few lady fans (check the pictures on facebook of the lead singer signing autographs afterwards!), and a committed following. Bigger and better things to come, definitely...
Today is play with the printer day...trying to figure out how to save something in the right format on the laptop that doesn't work so that I can print it in the office, on a colour printer.
DELL have promised a new laptop, one that connects to the internet, has a screen that works first time and a keypad that works all of the time. For the money that is being spent, I expect quality...currently I'm only getting good music out of it...
10 to 14 working days...we'll see if DELL can finally deliver.

No comments: