Sunday, August 10, 2008

Radio interview

After spending half an hour in church this morning, I zoomed off to Brentwood to take part in a radio interview for Phoenix FM. They've got a very neat set up at the back of the Baytree centre.

I enjoyed my time on air and plugged the church, as well as the work I do, and all of the other activities we have going on. Not as scary as I thought and I would definitely do it again!

Mum and Dad are away this weekend in Norfolk, so the house has been overrun by people in their early 20's. It's been a good chance to spend time with friends and welcome people. Food is always high priority when anyone comes to visit, and this time was no different. I spent Friday night making meringue and Saturday buying and cooking meat and desserts (as well as completing my pass plus - motorway driving - piece of cake - must make sure I check my blind spots though!). The meringue went down a treat (though 6 egg whites is enough to feed ten Jamie Oliver!) and the rest of the food disappeared (apart form the salad - go figure!). Dishwashers make light work of a heavy night and the house is as clean as it was when Mum left on Friday, but only because I tidied up whilst the boys were playing drinking games.

On thing on being super efficient though - you tend to miss out on stuff...though I'm sure there will be photos appearing at some point!

No comments: