Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I'm still tired...

Ok I have not really recovered properly from yesterday, and, actually, I'm still trying to get used to not having a routine still...It's taking its toll, I'm not doing all 'normal' things I would do - like drinking plenty of water and eating fruit by the bucket load, which means I'm a little under the weather anyway, so it'll take me time to adjust.

Yesterday was good fun, We piled on to the minibus, knowing that it was going to rain all day, but still in high spirits. We arrived in Frinton (which has not changed that much since I was last there some 5 years ago) and set up our stuff on the beach. I'd made the decision, long before we arrived, that I wasn't going to take my shoes off, or go anywhere near the water (for fear of being pushed in) and I succeeded in the two and a half hours that we took over a little bit of golden sand...then it started to rain...and didn't stop until we decided to head for the safety of Walton-on-the-Naze pier.

Walton has arcades, food and shelter...so we spent an hour or so drinking tea (Ribena for me) and eating cheesey chips. Then we had the walk back and the journey home...

A really good day, it was all organised by the Baptist Youth worker, he's got some good ideas and is keen to get a lot of people involved with what he has planned.

We're hoping to sync our diaries soon, so that we get the right mix of events and don't overlap. Watch this space for news of all the events that we'll be doing as a team and what is going on in specific churches.

The other thing I've been up to, today and next Saturday, specifically, is Pass Plus - an additional six hours on the road with my instructor, so that I can feel a little better about driving in unknown places and focus on whats 'out there' whilst I'm driving...I've done three hours so far, and I am exhausted...it's a lot of hard work driving through places you don't know. Three more hours to go...motorway driving on Saturday..eek!

I'm also reviewing 4 new albums...Sara Bareillis, Gabriella Cilmi, Duffy and Alphabeat. So far so good, Gabriella Climi is my least favourite, Sara Bareillis and Alphabeat are at the top and Duffy is Duffy...unique! I'm going to keep listening, all four are on my mp3 player, so if I get to walk somewhere or have to travel anywhere on a train soon, this is where I'll go!

I'm trying to find something for us to do as a peer group for our weekend away in October...anyone got any ideas for the Hertford area?!

No comments: