Friday, August 29, 2008

Watching the cricket...

Taking a small amount of time out to watch the cricket and catch up on all the necessary sport/celebrities doing sport things... (Strictly Come Dancing is back!!)

All the publicity is done...up and ready for everyone to peruse on Sunday, and I will post them on here, I promise...I will also post them on Facebook.

I've had a look at my resources and done some more planning. I've got to get all set up for 9 days time, when my Sundays will become the one day in the week that I have to put my all into. No more sleepy afternoons.

I've been listening to another new CD over the last day or so, and I'm already hooked. Hillsong have released 'This is Our God' and already i can hear songs that I going to be hugely helpful to me, and for my ministry. The last album I purchased was titled 'Mighty to Save' - I still reel from the lyrics from the song of the same name

'Saviour, He can move the mountains,
my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save,
Forever, author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave,
Jesus conquered the grave'

and this album is similar, with mind blowing, heart felt, scripture lead lyrics. 'Healer', 'Your name high' and 'you are here' as songs that will probably make it into song books across the country. Apparently one of the songs was an anthem at Soul Survivor! I also love 'where we belong' because its based on one of my favourite pieces of scripture. I will be listening to this album a lot, and hopefully introducing it into church...

Makes me want to go to Australia (where Hillsong are based), or big congregational meetings...I'm part of the modern church...

We're doing well in the cricket...ODI against SA, winning convincingly so far...

New laptop is kinda behaving itself. I need to get set up at church, so that I can work happily at my desk (though I don't actually have a desk right now!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Liz, long time no comment...

Might be worth checking out the back-story to Healer. Has caused somewhat of a ruckus this summer. It was a huge anthem at Soul Survivor with many people being challenged and changed by the apparent story of the guy who wrote it. I say apparent... too long to write the whole thing here, but check out http://www.soulsurvivor.com/uk/News/mike_g.html and then selectively google mike guglielmucci. Might raise some questions in your group if they've heard bits of the story (certainly has for ours).