Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Influences

We are all influenced... by what happens to us, what people say, how others act towards us, what we read, what we see, how we interpret things that are going on.

I am currently going through an odd time of waiting for someone to tell me what is going to happen in a week or so, but I am absolutely fine with that completely up in the air feeling about it all, because of my favourite book and what the characters go through. I can't decide if that's unusual or not. I think if I was younger I would want to know exactly what was happening, but because of what I have read, because of what I know of the nature of humanity and of God, I am ok with it.

What will happen, if it does, is not the most dramatic thing ever - nor I hope will it be life changing i.e. that 180 flip we get sometimes, but I hope it will change my life for the better for a bit. Sorry it's all a bit 'coded' - maybe I am a bit confused by it all myself, having never been in this situation before.

The things that I am reading at the moment, other people's blogs on leadership, youth work and singleness, oh and of course the Soul Survivors Bible in a Year (we're nearly two thirds of the way there, it's hard to believe) are giving me a sense of re-evaluating some of my thoughts, trying to understand the mass of history that is behind me and knowing that God has the future all planned out. What will be, will be. 'Can't you see the obvious? God is on our side; he's our leader.' (MSG, 2 Chron 13:12)

No comments: