Tuesday, April 03, 2012

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! Official Sony Pictures United Kingdom Movie Site

I still love the cinema, I love it even more when it is very empty and not too loud!

Yesterday evening, I went with Lucy to see the Aardman adventure (and dare I say classic), after I put out a plea on facebook to ask if anyone wanted to come with me.

For once the £8.25 I spent, I felt like I got my money's worth. Stop motion animation runs closely with musicals for top space with me, as well as Disney of course and Aardman have not disappointed me at all. The detail is epic, every time the scene changes you have to keep your eyes open for the different things you might see.

We laughed for most of it, and wondered at the detail. There was a pub name I loved, but can not remember. And the monkey... Aardman do very, very well at animating those who don't speak. I see a new sidekick!

I hope that this gets picked up by the British public as a truly British movie. They mess with history a little bit, of course, but that's ok, because it is a brilliant story and a DVD that I will definitely be buying.

Also looking forward to using The Lorax for everything over 2013, looks like a cracking moral movie!

No comments: