Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Single Roots

SingleRoots Christian Blogger List | SingleRoots

Blogging about a blog, something I do more often nowadays! This was a blog I came by on Twitter and I have been reading it, in an attempt to understand some more of being two things that define me in society - labels, if you will!

It's some times daunting being both - Christian and single. I guess I don't really think about it until it creeps up on me and I get upset that I'm missing out on some things. But at the same time, I am free to do what I want for the most part. Travelling, Shopping, Work, seeing friends, all becomes really flexible when you don't have to think about someone else, and my choice of what to watch on TV has never been so me-centered!

Granted, I haven't been single for long, and I haven't lived on my own for long either, so it's all pretty new to me... my love affair with twitter continues (8000 tweets in a year and a half, @lizzie_rascal84) and facebook has been great to keep me in touch with those people who are all over the world - particularly Verity, who is not great at the moment, so please pray for her.

Blogging as well, throws up challenges and an outlet for that little bit of thought that just won't escape my mind. For all the times when I have an opportunity to share something exciting in more than 140 characters, or as things develop.

Talking of exciting - we have two babies due in the last quarter of the year - I can't remember if I have told you. I will be an aunty in September - if baby is on time and will have a second cousin as well by the end of October - the family is all going on a little adventure!! My parents, and brother are hugely excited. Watching his girlfriend go through pregnancy is funny, she's tiny, bless her, but so excited at the same time. Thankfully unless I am holding a baby I do not have any motherly urges!

Ok, so single, Christian and blogging are my labels - so I had better get on with it.

No comments: