Friday, April 27, 2012

Football

I love football, I love sport - I can't stand horse racing and avoid boxing like the plague.

So this week was a bit of a double whammy for my family, with regards to football.

My brothers have been playing for the same team for about 5 years, they do actually work their socks off for their team, often at practice or actually with their long term friend who they went to school with or play with. They have been promoted several times and this year they won the cup final, which for them is a huge deal, they lost last year, much to everyone's annoyance, so to be in the final again, created a lot of nerves and worry about whether they would win.

Unfortunately due to a training commitment for work, I couldn't be there, but my dad has blogged about it and you can find the link on the side bar. Trinity are winner, cup holders and hopefully defending champions (and yes, I love that they are called Trinity...)

Secondly, my mother, who is prolific in my home town for being a Blues supporter, watched her team gain promotion after a very long campaign - lasting several years. My mum doesn't travel to away games, she sees herself as a bit of a bad omen, as Town generally lose when she travels with them. As it was the day they would gain promotion from a win or a draw (because with one game remaining, no-one could catch them) she decided to travel. Needless to say she had an excellent afternoon and has not shut up about it since. Town are going to be in the Blue Square South Division - we'll see how long that lasts.

And finally, this week, at the last game of the season, we are going to see Nicky Morgan walk out on the pitch, leading the teams after he was attacked before Christmas, causing him to be temporarily paralyzed from the waist down. Tomorrow will be a hugely emotional day for players and supporters alike as everyone knows how much Nicky wants to be there.

So if you're sat at home on a Saturday or Sunday and you're wondering what's going on in the world - let me tell you there are men, women (Arsenal Ladies are the best, nuff said!) and children, playing, practicing and supporting a sport that is internationally recognised!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you.
ok my sisten.

Anonymous said...

God bless you,my sisten..