Saturday, April 21, 2012

This actually happens...

I read this article earlier on this week and I must say, I really do agree with what it has to say, particularly the little caption under the picture - "Girls don't say: "I like the fact that he’s really not sure what he wants.”"

As a single woman, at the moment, I do not really get along with passive people. I understand passionate people!

It's no secret that I have been on dating websites, my ex and I met though match.com and at the moment I am on another one. I get emails from said website, telling me that men 'would like to meet me'... and I do, out of curiosity see who they are and what they are like. Today, I got an email, and clicked on the link for the profile. What I came across reinforces what I read earlier on in the week. The sentence that greeted my eyes was this

'If I've viewed you and you would like to learn more about me, feel free ask'

In most cases I would like to be approached, not do the approaching. The way it works, if you have clicked that button that says 'yes' that doesn't really count as a first move... sending a message does. 

Being passive isn't going to get you a message, let alone a date or a girlfriend.

It's a fine balance between annoying and persistent, I completely agree with you, but at least try to be persistent first than giving up just after you've started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ironically, I find such dating websites to devour faith in its essence in seeking out a Godly friendship/relationship that is Christ-centred and not me-centred.

Secular dating sites don't have space to spill your faith, they are more happy to remind you of your monthly subscription and unflattering recommendations. Some Christian dating sites are quite provoking in channelling your faith, but unfortunately there is more of an American-based target audience, as opposed to us Brits.

As much as I believe that technology is useful and such websites can 'offer' a door of opportunity in seeking out new relationships. It really boils down to the God-driven priority and how the LORD God is speaking directly to you. Stay strong! Stay faithful!

<><