Monday, February 21, 2005

What a week....

Life has been a rollercoaster this week. It started with Valentines day (gosh was that this week?), I've had lectures and playscheme. It feels like I've done a year in a week. I was down in Stroud this morning watching Tom (who's sister is in west Africa - I'll do an update for you) playing rugby (winning 51-0!) and back in Cheltenham for lunch and fusion. I helped lead fusion with Helen and it is one of the hardest things I've done in a long time...they don't want to listen to me! We didn't actually have anything planned until 30 mins before we were meant to be at fusion - God is one heck of a character! I wasn't too impressed with some of the behaviour I saw. Two in particular, who have been picked out before, were playing up again. Either its pure arrogance or simply that they a scared to go with God - I dunno...

Amy update - not good. The ship hasn't got any engines and they're not going to Ghana on her birthday. The AC has been off for ages (cabins reach 30 degrees went empty without it) there is no hot water and no freezers to hold food. The ship is really old and falling apart, and because it is so old they can't get the parts to fix it. For all we know she could be on the ship for 6 months - her entire time out there. God's really playing with something, cos half the ship has got some sort of bug too. Not good at all. Please pray for her...and her Mum!

Life is a lot of fun at the moment but I must remember to do some work! I've got reading to do on the train tomoro before I see Henry and I've got to actually start thinking about the question 'Is everything God commands always right?' An ethical issue I'm sure you've got your own answers to....please put them on a postcard or in a comment, thanks..

1 comment:

Pete said...

'Is everything God commands always right?' - by definition, if you belive in the omni's and a loving God. Not really a good question. Or are we to be like Douglas Adams and list Gods mistakes. Who are we to judge Gods mistakes? Anyway remember the babel fish - its a dead giveaway, it has to be created by God, therefore God can't exist.