Thursday, February 17, 2005

Why do people have the habit of telling me that its going to snow where they are? Those who know me well will be aware of the fact that I hated Christmas day all because I knew it was snowing in the part of the country where I spend a majority of my time. Essex had glorious sunshine on Christmas Day and Gloucestershire and Worcestershire had snow. Now Essex might get snow and I'm stuck in the warmer part of the country - bluergh. I love snow and the view Cheltenham gets when there is snow on the hills is awesome!
Anyway, I'm having a bit of a rant about lectures too, I know that I have to do reading for a seminar next week and I also know that no one else will do it. The last time this happened I emailed my lecturer and told him that I would not be able to do the assignment because there was no discussion about the article we were meant to read. He has taken it upon himself to tell everyone it is compulsory and if they don't attend it's their own fault. Sociology isn't too bad, Liberating God is awful. The read was 30 pages of 'what if'. How am I meant to understand theories that don't make any sense? The lecture is tomoro so I'll let you know....

No comments: