Monday, February 28, 2005

The wonders!

Its been snowing all week. It settled once - good, cos I don't need to see any more for another year, but lame cos its only been really light all week!
I'm having an 'issues' day - it started with the lovely uni not having the books I actually NEED for my essay, which is due (discounting the ultra long holiday) soon. I can't believe a lecturer would put a book on a reading list and not make sure that it was actually in the learning centre. Issues.
Then I had problems with one member of our youth group who lunged at me to try and get bopit off me. Its not my bopit (extreme) and it certainly isn't his. He didn't apologise and just shrugged when I asked him to. Helen and I had taken time out of our day, just so we could do their CU and all we got was abuse - teenagers really get on my wick!
The third thing was the girls we were sitting with before Helen's lecture - no one needs to hear that much gossip in one day - or that much swearing. I've become a real sour puss on this. I'm getting fed up of hearing gossip and unnecessary swear words (I have a housemate who borders on turrets - swear words come out of nowhere but manage to find themselves in the middle of a sentence).
But my day was made better by the young child on the bus, since the start of term I've been having baby issues - we've been shon videos and I've been around too many obnoxious children for me to love a little life, but the kid on the bus spoteed my smile (thinking of Henry) and replied! I waved and poked my tongue out and got something very similar back. I've been laughing ever since!
I'm off to have my first meal out this week, and it won't be my last!

No comments: