Monday, January 15, 2007

Prayer please

I seem to do a lot of talking and not a lot of listening. I guess I've got a lot to pray about at the moment though.
The first week back at work was a little up and down for me really. It was good, one of the best weeks the groups have had since September. Like I've said Rock Solid was good, and RS2 went well yesterday morning. The 11-14's have their moments and the rest of the time they are tuned in and answering left right and center. So it was good, and air of contemplation for once.
Youth Alpha start last week. Definitely a high, I'm going to be teaching in just over a week, so I'm looking forward to that to an extent.
Everything really hit me yesterday evening though. I've been surrounded this week and felt cornered some of the time. I've been thinking a lot about other people, and not very much about myself, which means I let my emotions get on top of me really.
So I'm going to say thank you to those who prayed for me yesterday, who built me up in the right places, I've taken stock of all thats going on, and I'm starting to let my soul sing again, seen as it's been pretty quiet for a while.

My Bible reading notes reminded me of a Bible verse that equates to my life and the life of those around me at the moment

'For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' Jeremiah 29:11

All God, His way is the only way...looking forward to the future but living for the moment!

No comments: