Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's Tuesday...

Which means its Youth Alpha, again. It's funny how a routine falls into place so quickly...

I have been excited by the news that Take That are touring again in November and have put the responsiblity on myself to organise the tickets for a date in December in London to see them - something me, my sister and my mum haven't done for over ten years!! Excited...I think so!! I would love to see them in Manchester, but thats a litlle far fetched.

I don't know if you've ever come across Super Size Me? Well, I have and that was disturbing...so imagine my horror when I saw Super Slim Me on the TV last night. It was shocking. A poor (or totally insane) woman subjected herself to only eating 500 calories a day...which is nothing - well a quarter of what women are meant to consume a day. Now I get hungry, quite often, but I can't imagine eating just 500 calories a day (which is about 2 coffees, 2 apples, a chicken breast and some salad). I would not recommend that anyone even thinks about extreme dieting, let alone going towards being a size zero model.

But there are people out there who do such things and promote living on no food what so ever, its stupid.

On the other scale, there is a 8 year old child who is having his future decided by social services today, because he weighs 14 stone.

What has the world come to? I'm going to ponder while I set up Alpha...

No comments: