Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Using the new blogger and Youth Alpha

Ok so the new blogger isn't that bad, the only thing different is the font and the fact that I can label posts now, though I don't think I can be bothered to label all 392 posts from the last couple of years...let me think about it...no...no I won't that would be a pointless exercise, and horribly time wasting. I have things to do, like not blogging, or hows about I tell you about Alpha?

Well last night was brilliant, I managed to scare four girls into thinking I was going to make them do something ridiculously hard, get 'Dear Lord baby Jesus' into a talk (go on I dare you) and make the end of my talk really hard by handing out teaspoons. Who ever thought that a punch of teenagers would be absolutely besotted with the idea of trying to balance a spoon on the end of their nose? Still they got the point of what, why and how to pray, and also that God doesn't always answer prayers with a clear 'yes'.

Ant said I'd done a lot better, which I agree with, so much so, that I'm going to go home in a bit and have a closer look at the talks that I'm doing after half term. Should be interesting. I think I enjoy using props with this group, giving them something to take away (if possible) is a good idea.

So there we go...I'm off home.

No comments: