Friday, February 02, 2007

Stokey G is about to ROCK!

The peace and tranquility of Stoke Gifford is about to be disturbed by the musical stylings of George Ray, Cobweb in the Corner, and Chaos Remains (formerly Pandamonium).
We are calling it the Live Music Night. We are sure that it is going to be the biggest thing the team has done since september and we are sure that we're going to do it again.
Sound checking at the moment is, while, a learning curve. The whole evening will be. From staffing this 'event' to clearing up and how the coffee shop will cope with 100+ people wanting drinks.
I was at Globe earlier and I'm starting to enjoy it.It has always been a challenge, since I started in September, but teaching students english is fun! All they want is a conversation, which I can quite easily do.

I'll leave you with a thought (and the prospect that I won't be able to hear tomoro) 'Shoes are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy'. Thanks Helen, you are a true 'star'!

3 comments:

Helen said...

Lol how cryptic! And only I understand :)

Emma said...

There is also - 'You can't control all things in life - your hair is put on your head to remind you of that'

That applies to me all too often! :) Have fun tonight

xxx

Pete said...

There's a sign in a local pub that says "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" I disagree on both counts. There is only one sign that God loves us. If you love anybody that means you want then to be happy - among other things.