Monday, February 05, 2007

Worship

Last night was The Mix worship special, which was good but had mixed reactions from the team. Seen as I'm not in a ranting mood, I will just ask one question - Is it right to practise worship? I'm not quite sure what the answer is myself. There are different types of practice i.e. doctors practicing medicine. They alreay know their stuff, but they are in the business of medicine...is it the same with worship? Do we already know how to communicate with God or do we have to actually learn how to do it.
The lady who spoke last night was going along the lines of actually learning how to communicate with God. But I think there's more to it than that. My thoughts on sung worship are the same as my thoughts on the gift of tongues - both I'm a little scared of really, but actually if I just open my mouth and start making noises God will help my along and encourage me. Maybe thats what practicing worship is. Doing it and allowing God to encourage you...After all you don't get something if you don't ask.
I don't know and I know I haven't explained it very well, probably because I haven't sorted it out in my head yet...
Pray for all the people around me, we're all tired!

No comments: