Sunday, January 16, 2005

An experience

I've been in Luton since Wednesday afternoon! I had a lot of fun visiting Henry, as always. I still don't think my sister is too impressed, but I can't read her mind! There is not a lot to say.
Luton (if you ever get to visit) is a wonderfully diverse place. I always get a culture shock when I visit, which is unusaul, cos I seem to have spent a lot more time there recently! I've gone from one white town to another and I'm certainly not use to the Pentecostal style that the CU president has got going. H did take one verse completely out of context as he 'presented' the Bible to us. Definitely a sneaky way of preaching if you ask me - UCCF staff workers are there to help when a CU becomes too student lead. Worship's fine, but actually preaching, from a student, who isn't necessairly in tune with the different stages of Christianity, is kinda wrong. I felt very uncomfortable when he picked on me, because I was a new face (and I happened to be the secretaries sister). No use to singing acaplla! At least I knew loads of people who are great at calming my nerves!
Bring on exams. Three in two weeks and I'm feeling ever so under prepared for them!!

No comments: