Saturday, September 09, 2006

From Great Malvern to Canterbury

Henry leaves tomorrow so he can start training to be an English teacher for primary aged children. It's always difficult to say goodbye to him, but I now that he's in the right place for it and will be challenged by the lecturers and kids. I know I'm probably never going to see him teach, but I am really proud of how well he has done this year and what he is going to be up to this year. So I spent the day with him in Malvern, helping to pack and playing games. Spoke to his mum and dad briefly as well. I'm not going to see him for a while, there are a few times I could see him, but this term is busy. Pray for us.
I was told about a website called yournotme.com. It tells you about how many people share your name. I'm not sure how it works but I guess its on electoral roll. Lots of fun and I've found a few unique names, although I'm not. There are 371 people with the name Elizabeth Fisher.
On other things, I found out that HP don't do phone support, so I wasted money trying to get information out of them about buying a new battery or battery charger. I was wanting to talk to someone online but couldn't find the site for it, so gave up by emailing the MD. I also want to email the webmaster and tell them that some of the pages don't work on Firefox.
I also discovered that the new phone I've ordered is out of stock, despite the orange website saying it was free, so I'm having to take timeout of my day to check whether its back in stock. There's not an option on the automated service that says 'If our service has disappointed you again and you would like to complain, please press...' so I just have to deal with being a grumpy old women by ranting online.
Finally, I'm being introduced to the other half of church tomorrow, so I have to be alert, to take in the faces of everyone around me. Woo hoo!

No comments: