Sunday, September 17, 2006

Walking snowdon

It was lots of fun. Exhausting, but I got a lot out of it and a keyring! We spent 17 hours together in the end. 5 hours there - we went cross country, multi map told us too, so we didn't start walking til 12 noon. It took us two hours to go 2256ft, which is impressive when I though I wouldn't be able to make it to the first stop. The first 20 mins is the hardest part, it's incredibly steep and if you're not used to it, you feel like dying after the first ten steps. Anyway, we gt to the final push and I looked up to see this:

The top of Snowdon

Not fun! So we stayed at the train station and didn't go much higher. I am really proud of myself, Trev and Ant. We were all really excited to be doing it and happy to complete it. Ant reckons his volunteers are going to do it every year with him, though I think he changed his mind when he woke up in pain this morning.

I'm off now, I have a reading to do and a youth group to run!

No comments: