Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tuesday

Nothing special happened today. I've done a lot, but it was mainly reading and getting to know stoke Gifford a little better. Currently I am rendered inefficient for about an hour each day as I have a cream to put in my eye as I have a localised infection. So now I have blurry vision for 20 mins three times a day, which makes working a little frustrating, but if it means I'm getting better, then why not!? I'm also shocked at having to pay £6.65 for a prescription, it gets more expensive every time I got to the doctor, and frankly I don't have the money to pay for it, but if I'm ill then what can I do? Obviously volunteer workers aren't meant to get ill!

I've managed to cook my first ever lasagne, its for student age pastorate tomorrow, I am also in charge of dessert - so we shall see how that works out - again getting money from nowhere!

As my Dad has already mentioned, Karen was welcomed offically in to the church family (very similar to a baptism!) and I have some photos to share!!

Family

Mum, Karen and Nan in St Hugh's after the 11am service

Karen and..

Karen with a young person and is now offically in charge of most (if not all) of the groups she is attending!

St Hugh's

The Church Karen has the keys to, St Hugh's.

So there you have it, a couple of photos from my sister who is a full fledged youth worker, and likely to be for some while yet!

I'm going to try on a new tshirt for Rock Solid and going to apply some cream to my eye!

No comments: