Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Giving up slowly...

Today has been an indifferent day. I have done many things that I didn't want to and haven't done enough of what I wanted to do. Take Christmas shopping for instance, I've not even written my lists, let alone know when I am going to do it all. I know what I am going to buy my Secret Santa person, but the rest of the list slips into oblivion, so much so that everytime I go to think about it I find myself thinking about essays instead! Christmas is too much to tackle at the moment, we talked on sunday about giving up things for Advent, just as we give up things for Lent. My question is can I give up commercial christmas for one year? This year?

"Today is the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord" Lk 2:11

Please, there is no reason why we need to spend so much money every year. Yes it is cool to get presents, but lets not be too greedy, eh? If you do feel inclined to buy presents, buy those that are Fairly Traded - http://www.fairtrade.org.uk Help loads of people have a good Christmas!

Sorry for the guilt trip, it how I feel and to answer my own question, my favourite thing at the moment is m Divine (Fair Trade) Chocolate Advent Calendar!!

No comments: