Thursday, December 02, 2004

God is good part deux

This evening I was in dire need of a pick-me-up and I found it in a talk and a piano. Let me explain....
The semesters topic for CU is the story of David (found in 1 and 2 Samuel for those of you who struggle to remember your bible stories). This week it was David and Bethsheba. Basically David sees Bathsheba, gets her pregnant and kills off her husband. Lovely. The Bible is the best place to find stories of adultery and murder! The speaker was really challenging us to pick out where we fall down in the sight of God and to change our ways. I feel like I've let a lot of stuff go tonight.
Ok the piano. For the last week or so I've known that Dan (the music man) was leading worship on his own the whole weekend for the CU houseparty, Isobel was able to sing but what she really wanted to do was play. We had phoned a lot of churches and had no luck at all. This evening (the night before the weekend) Matt the president rang someone at his church to enquire about the spare keyboard they keep. Its not being used for the weekend so the CU will have a piano and a guitar for worship this weekend! I am over the moon, I love to listen to Dan and Isobel play, they are awesome together!!
Still its worthwhile praying that I don't have to feed a vegan this weekend, I've got two people who don't eat beef so I might switch from Beef to lamb for the bolognese. For everyone elses safety too?? ;)
Henry and I are fighting about which is better - neighbours or Family affairs? I'll be greatful for you input (though if you say family affairs I will disown you!), there is nothing better than an aussie soap on the BBC!

No comments: