Monday, December 06, 2004

What a weekend!

God is awesome. He totally looked after me the entire weekend. Not once was I over-stressed nor did I worry about feeding 26 people.
For those of you who don't know I volunteered myself to feed the members of the CU for the house party. I managed it all on my own and now I'm quite happy to say that by the age of 20 I have catered, for a whole weekend (that's 6 meals + afternoon tea) for 26 people and I still had food left over. I think its quite an achievement at such a young age. I'm looking forward to doing a similar thing again, as long as I know I've got a God who loves me looking over my shoulder.

In the two teaching sessions that I did sit in on I picked up on something that I guess I'd never spotted before. In Matt 3:17 it says "And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." " I was listening to what David (the speaker) had to say and it hit me. God was "well pleased" (love that phrase) with Jesus, even though he hadn't started his ministry. God has loved me from the moment I let him into my life, before I'd even done anything, even before I knew the Matt 28:20 is the greatest commandment. Its quite an emotional thing, to know that someone has loved you even before you've met them (I'm sure thats a song lyric), it fills me with joy to know that.

I've had such a great weekend, it seems a shame to know that I have to get this essay done completely before Henry comes to visit! Its all work, well for the next four or five hours, then we all start getting ready for Di's birthday bash (we're dressing up as gangstas) and then all of tomoro (until committee meeting at 4). This week has started on a high (I got a lovely letter from Henry this morning - hes going to see Blink tonight) and will end on a high (when Henry hugs me on saturday).

It may only be monday but all I can say is "BRING ON THE WEEKEND!"

1 comment:

Karen said...

Cool, I'm glad you had a good weekend.

Don't stress too much this week either. I think I can say yuck to everything you've said about Henry, but only because I'm your sister!

Love you much, thankyou for giving me a house to my self this weekend!