Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Summer Ball 2006

The group

The summer ball was really good. I really enjoyed myself, with all of the people above and others. The day started with a dash into town for some final accessories and a few hayfever tablets. I got home and welcomed friends to a BBQ that lasted for a few hours. We ate some wonderful food and had a good chat about the last three years. I got some photos from the famous wall in the basement of where we've done most of our drinking.

The day continued with sitting on the patio, paining nails and chatting with Alex and Di about the evening ahead. We got ready, slowly but steadily and headed out of the door at six. We went to the beer gardens where the above photo was taken, shared a few bottles of wine and got on the bus to head to the race course.

Di and Alex instantly queued to get on the bungee ride (photo below) and we spent the evening walking around, speaking to people and dancing the night away. I've said goodbye to loads of people and I'm going to keep saying goodbye for the next week or so.

Alex and Di in the bungee ball

Fusion this evening was a lot of fun. I didn't take my camera, so no photos - sorry. I walked in to find a full inflated bouncy castle! Such a surprise. I had no idea what Ben was planning. I was given a few presents and made a speech to say thank you, because those are the only words that I have. I really enjoyed the whole evening. I'm sad to go, but I know I have to move on.

And I'm doing it quickly. Tomorrow I will spend a good 24 hours in Bristol. Meeting everyone for next year, getting to know my surroundings and who I will be working with. I'm meeting committee and youth groups as well as the people I will hopefully be living with.

So pray for me, for leaving things behind and moving on. Thank you.

No comments: