Saturday, June 10, 2006

Thine be the Glory

Not a song you'd associate with football, but since yesterday, all fans who watch the BBC's coverage of the current tournament will do exactly that. I don't know whether to be shocked, angry or happy that a hymn will feature on British screens for the next month or so. Someone help my figure out what I'm thinking. Football isn't a religion in my eyes, but for those who do follow, week on week, it may well be. Can it be possible for this to be a good thing? Umm... As for the game, I'm not impressed with the way we played today. Yes we scored, but we were not on top of our game. If the Germans can score 4 in their first match, how can we be held for most of a game? Thoughts of lifting that trophy are

Today has been a good day. We won the rafting (despite what some people would say) and I didn't get incredibly wet, as I thought I would. I think I may had mild sun stroke though. I was terribly dehydrated after rafting and I don't think I've done enough to help myself rehydrate. I'm feeling ever so slightly nauseous and headachy. I am certain that I have a red nose though. From te sun and from the hayfever. I am seriously suffering and have changed my drugs, although nothing seems to be helping. Please pray for me and the weather. I would like a little bit of rain. Maybe I should dance...

2 comments:

Pete said...

What about "Swing low..." for the rugby?

Liz said...

Is that a Christian song? Shows how much I know!!!