Thursday, November 18, 2004

University

For those of you who have forgotton, my minor is in Sociology, which I enjoy as much as Theology and spend my time accordingly on. Some who are taking SO221 as a 'random' module don't feel the same way. I have just come from a seminar group where the lecturer did all the talking because only 3 people turned up. We had all spent the time, during very busy social lives and whilst writing essays, to read a piece that washed over us intirely so that we struggled to answer the question 'what is this piece saying?' . The poor lecturer was trying to get blood out of a stone, and normally I'm very good at blagging the answers! However, I have emailed the course chairperson (gotta be PC) and expect a humble apology for the classmates who didn't show up at all (and haven't done for the last three weeks).
My question to you is - What is so daunting about a discussion that you don't even turn up to the lecture before it? Its a discussion, you can say something and should expect to at least get one question wrong - I know I did today, and surprise surprise, I'm still ALIVE!!
Right I'm signing off, I've got another lecture (yes I've been to all these seminar groups as well!) and then on to the timed essay!

No comments: