Thursday, November 04, 2004

Washinp up!

I'm all for sharing the house work, but when I'm not actually at the house for 15 hours straight and have to be up at 8am the next day, I can't physically do it, can I?

That was my thought as I read a message from one of my housemates at 8.30am this morning. I live with 5 other girls and I think I easily do the most outside of Uni, which means I'm out most days of the week (currently Saturdays are my only free day and even then I do things in the evening). I went home for the weekend, therefore not creating any dirty dishes, I didn't eat when I came in on Sunday evening at 11pm. On Monday I had a 9.15am lecture which I left early for and then worked all day and did the washing up in the evening, while Aimie had a guest (he was fit and I was standing at the sink!). Tuesday I got up late, had toast for lunch and worked from 2pm in Uni, had a Committee meeting at 4pm, went to a meeting at 6pm and went for a drink at 8pm. I came in and feel asleep. Yesterday I was up at 5am, but refused to get out of bed until it was absolutely necessary (which was still 6.35am), I was out of the house at 7.35am and didn't get back til 10.30pm. I had to be up at 8am today! Now read that again and tell me

  1. When can I do the washing up?
  2. When have I created piles of washing up that deserve a note on the fridge?
  3. Who is the busiest?

I don't need to tell you that the note-writing housemate does not have a job, does not get herself invovled in sports and societies and goes to the gym for an hour a day. Busy? She should try my life, then she might loose her unwanted weight!

And the only reason she's left a note? Because the people she's targeting aren't at home enough for her to have a proper go at them (and believe me I'm being targeted).

Ha! Rant over - I'm off to eat, well force feed myself, I'm ill from doing so much!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Aww, poor you.

My busy Lizzie, I can't believe you are doing so much. You are busier than me right now.

I love you!