Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Assignments and jobs

The past 24 hours has been a bit up an down really. I've started doing my 'lasts' again. I haven't quite finished all of my lectures, but I have had my last monday in Uni. Many of the lecturers are realising that this is the last week they'll teach udergraduate students on the TRS scheme. At the moment I have only one assignment left to do, having done one today, unfortunately I've left the hardest til last, not the wisest idea, but I'm going to get it done.

Also I received a phone call to say that the finance for next year had been sorted and now all I've got to worry about is my accommodation and job description. So I was ultra happy with that piece of news first thing in the week. This afternoon I received an email to say that I'd been asked for interview in Swindon. The interview seemed a bit much for me though, it is in the middle of exam time and two full days, if I were to be successful. It's a baptist church so everyone gets a say in who is employed, which means that if the first day went well I would have to preach and lead twice on the Sunday. The Baptist way of doing things is slightly too daunting for me, so I'm sticking to Bristol for a year. I actually panicked when I saw the layout for the interview - one talk of under 10's, one assembly, and a small group talk too, then a more formal interview! Oh my goodness.

Still I don't have to worry I'm not going for it, but I'm looking forward to doing the same thing next when looking for a full time, better paid job!

No comments: