Monday, May 01, 2006

The joy and wonder of a tracker

Have you seen my tracker? Its the little box at the bottom with a globe and a 'heartbeat' around it. Dare you to click it and see what you get!

Its a great thing - it gives me the numbers of people that visit my blog every day and normally where they are from. The best days are mondays (almost a quarter of the weekly total), with a majority of people visiting the site just after dinner it seems (between 5 and 6pm). Its all very interesting and gives me much joy knowing that there are people who regularly log on to have a read.

The wonder part of it comes from the web pages and IP addresses I get in the individual tracker section. In turn I learn a lot from it. I recognise some of the addresses but not others and when that happens I do a little bit of searching. You can probably guess which ones are the most intriguing and also who visits the most!

These little things - boy I'm glad we haven't got ID cards yet...can you imagine?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could get a thing like that, but I wouldn't want people to know I knew. I must get a secret tracker.

Also, I seem to be referring a lot of hits to you lately.