Monday, May 01, 2006

Oh dear!

What can be more boring than watching the final of the Snooker World Championship? For a start its being played by the two slowest professionals I've seen in a long time - Dott and Ebdon, as well as it being Snooker, nuff sed!
And secondly, what have the BBC decided to do? Show it in ultra slow motion using a special camera. Joy. Yes of course the wonders of technology, blah, blah, but please, wondering about what a ball actually does as it gets hit by a cue or another ball, seriously? Sad or what? Plus Channel Four have been well up on this for at least a year, if memory serves me correctly (and do correct me if my memory is crap!). They used it to show that some cricket players close their eyes when they are going for a big hit off a fast ball!

Rant over. (Very good illustration of how my mind works - I only watch when nothing interesting is going on, I couldn't tell you at this moment who is winning)

One exciting piece of news. I'm going for my first job interview, with Ben, to Bristol. I'll give you the details when I know more. Its on Wednesday, so I am looking forward to the beginning of this week, and less towards the end.

Final exciting piece of news, well a fact. Did you know that there are different types of coal in the Bible? Get your Hebrew out! The coal that is mentioned when Peter denies Christ, is different from other types of coal (because of what it is made from) and is only mentioned again when Peter and Christ become friends again on the beach after the resurrection. A nice little fact to impress your friends and don't ever say I don't educate you!

Updated my Flickr account - take a peek!

No comments: