Thursday, May 25, 2006

Very very last

Middle Pages

This is a photo of the card I received from the children at Fulshaw Lodge this morning. I'm not going to see them again and I'm absolutely gutted. It's been a great experience and definitely the end of an era for me, in some ways saying goodbye to them was harder than finishing my degree. I know I'll get to see my housemates and youth group again, but the pre-school is closing down so I've only got until December to see them again.

I've learnt so much over the last three years - from uni and working at pre-school. The things I have volunteered to do have taught me more in so many ways, but I am really looking forward to graduating in November - hopefully with a 2:2! All of my assignments are in and now I have three exams and one final lecture to go! Scary, but good fun all the way to the end.

One thing I will say is, why do students have to get incredibly drunk to enjoy themselves? I went to the sports awards and I've never seen so many healthy people (some of whom are at the top of their sport) drunk, they keep going until they can't stand up. It's not big and its not clever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've done a fair bit of pointless student alcohol-consuming in my time, but sports team drinking is too scary even for me.
I believe you've met my good friend Big Paul? Yeah, involvement in a sports team drinking games circle helped make him the man he is today.
That'd turn anyone off, I hope.

Liz said...

Yeah, stayed away from 'circles' for 3 years - think I've done pretty well.
Yep it would.