Sunday, May 07, 2006

Back in Cheltenham...

and back to work. Trying my hardest to juggle amounts off work with time off, otherwise I will die.
This evening's fusion was about the Holy Spirit and gifts there of. There are many - found in 1 Corinthians 12 mainly and naturally we were asking God to bless us with the gifts. The version you have just read (or are about to read if you click on the link) is quite good, though obviously not exhaustive. The great thing is that verse 11 says 'He (God) decides who gets what, and when', they are there for a reason, for a moment, to be used, appropriately. I'm looking forward to discovering my gifts and asking for more over time. I know at the moment I'm lacking in certain areas.

I've come across a chart song that speaks volumes to me. It's a little weird when that happens cos I tend to read far too much into secular songs, when I really shouldn't! Anyway its from the new snow patrol album (which I am so tempted to buy!) and is called 'All I have is you'. Frame of mind is definitely a weird thing, but this speaks to me, in so many ways. I'll let you try to fathom what I'm thinking!

I'm lucky if I get 5, Nick - how do you do it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By being incredibly popular and witty?