Monday, May 08, 2006

Dripping wet

I'm half talking about the awful weather this morning and my washing that I had to put out. One of my housemates, I am yet to find out who, decided to pull my washing out after only spining it once. Now this wouldn't be a problem if our washing machine wasn't ancient and I hadn't filled it (but not over filled). So I went to lift my basket and almost broke my back doing so, tipped water all over the floor and was late for my lecture because I had to wring everything, and even then it was still dripping. I did text everyone to let them know my dilemma, and I'm so glad I cleaned the bathroom last week. I'm still majorly annoyed though. It takes five mins to spin again, the person who did it is lucky that I don't leave things to do at the end of the day!

I have decided to spend next year at Bristol. It's going to be a good place for me. A mixture of schools, church and student work (be aware all those at UWE!) that will give me some good experiences to help me get a proper job.

The course administrator emailed me this morning. Apparently I don't have enough knowledge of the curriculum in the surrounding area and of RE in general. This is down to a number of factors from my point of view. One - the school I was placed with didn't allow me to watch their classes. Two - RE syllabuses differ from LEA to LEA. And finally - I don't have a heart for it any more. I would love a qualification to teach, but not at the moment. Yet again I am taking a break from academia to learn fromn the Bible and experience.

Nick - what can I say, maybe I just don't promte my cause enough!

No comments: